Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

For Carol - With Thanks

Welcome

I recently tried a new to me technique that I first saw over at Karen's Kreative Kards, that she called Metallic tissue background.

I am doing this as recently, when my DH was hospitalised overnight in a city away from home, Carol of CarolG...Creates  opened her home to me. We had a wonderful time together, including making a box card (Can't show it yet). I was telling her about this technique, so decided to share this card for her to see.

Please excuse me for not commenting much recently - DH, and his health, is the most important focus of my attention at the moment. I will visit when I can.

I used what I had on hand for my attempt, which was Lindy's (Mica) Powders, rather than Brusho's. As a strong colour is needed I was very generous with the powders on the saturated tissue, and even rubbed them in with my finger in parts.  Then left it all overnight to dry. This is the result.


Almost too shiny to continue, (I almost wanted to use it as it was!!) but I turned it over and was thrilled with the strong colours on the back of the dry tissue.


So, as per instructions, I rolled it up into a small ball to crease it, and some of the mica transferred to the back, and this is the result.


I then lightly swiped a Versamark pad across it, sprinkled over silver embossing powder and heated it - here is the result.


I wrapped it around a plain white card to use on the pink base, (another piece I wrapped around deep pink, and it made the pink really glow).


I added the silver butterfly die cut and gave it a pink rhinestone 'body',


And the sentiment on a tag, threaded on a silver lame ribbon


A little bit of doodling with a pink shimmer pen and a strip of washi tape in the centre of the card completed the project.


I am linking this to:

(2 die cuts, two colours of powder, two lines of doodles)

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog - may your day be blessed
Any comments you may leave are deeply appreciated
All comments are moderated and spam deleted.

33 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful background to your card. I must try the technique. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

aussie aNNie said...

Sounds like you are having a rough trot, Maxine, nice to have a friend open the door to you, that's the real spirit... love your technique and may have to try this. Take care.xx[aNNie]

Cobnut Crafter said...

A really effective technique that I must try. Thank you for sharing. On a personal note, I will be thinking of you and your DH and hope and pray all be well. Anne xx

Barb said...

Your card is absolutely stunning Maxine and thank you for sharing the process. I would love to give this technique a go. Your results look amazing!

How kind of Carol and I'm glad that you enjoyed yourselves together when it must have been a very worrying time for you. I do hope all goes well with your dear husband and you take care of yourself too. Big Gentle Hugs, Barbxx

Mac Mable said...

I am always looking for new techniques to try and I will be trying this one. Yes when it looks this beautiful you are hesitant to cut it up! Sorry to here about your DH x

Sandy Palmer said...

Oh, wonderful technique. Love the look of the background. Praying your DH is out of the hospital and doing better very soon. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Family comes first, especially spouses. I wish him improved health.
Glad you took some time for yourself to create this gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it with us for our Birthday Card challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

jimlynn said...

So beautiful and a gorgeous background. I'd have a royal mess if I tried this! Love your card.
Thinking of you.
Lynn

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent! creative and perfect in every way. Vibrant!

Love Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Loll said...

Gorgeous technique and background ... and a gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing how you did this Maxine. Take care of your DH and take care of yourself. Sending love and hugs. xx

Gerrina said...

A beautiful technique (have to try it!)! And perfect for the shining butterfly!
Hope your DH gets well soon! Enjoy the sunday!

Megan J said...

Hi Maxine, a stunning background I'll have to come back and have a go another day, sounds like you and Carol had a good time together while you DH had a stay in hospital... looking forward to seeing your box card, they are great to make. Sending get well wishes to your DH hope you have a great week... Megan

creationsnz said...

Stunning Maxine, looks super - I have to try it and I don't mind getting inky and messy. CarolG

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wowza- what a gorgeous card and technique!!! Love to see the fun process pics as well! Keeping you in prayers my dear!

Monika Reeck said...

oh sad to hear ..hope hubby get well soon Maxine
take your time no commenting is okay Hubby is more important I agree
and yout BG so lovely I never made so complicated BG
and your card also sweet I love that DIES big butterfly on it
take card miss Maxine
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

I mean Take Care (ooh my finger so bad)

Dawn T said...

so pretty Maxine. I loved the look of the first photo. The final result is stunning.

Monica said...

Wow, stunning technique and look at the wonder you created. Love it, Maxine.

Love,

M

Carolyn King said...

Very pretty technique! Will have to try.
Prayers for you and your husband...glad you had a nice friend to hang with while your husband was in the hospital.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That is some cool looking paper. How fun! I hope your hubby is healing well.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is amazing... love the background!

Suchi said...

Do not worry about commenting, I do understanding Maxine. :) I loved your new technique- so cool!!
The butterfly added over it adds beauty! :)
Suchi xx

Lindsey said...

Ooh great techniqhe - looks like lots if fun. Hope your husband is improving x

Pamellia said...

This is gorgeous Maxine! I love how your metallic tissue background turned out, what an amazing blend of colours! That filigree butterfly is so beautiful, wow!! Love the pink bling body, and the matching pink sentiment banner. So beautiful! hugs :)

MaryH said...

You have one priority just now, and it's not cardmaking or blogging. Everyone understands! Gosh, this is a gorgeous look to the tissue paper. I'll have to search further to find instructions. Love the Lindy's Magicals and have scads of white tissue. So glad you were able to get a little shared craft therapy during this stressful time. Prayers & Hugs

Darnell said...

This is stunning, Maxine! What an interesting technique! I'm so glad you were able to stay with Carol and get crafty to distract you a bit. Sending love and prayers every day!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Beautiful.lovely newt chinquapin, I must try it out. Best wishes to you and your husband, hope he recovers well. Thank you for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
Eithne

alethea said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at SGC for our nature inspired challenge. Hugsxx

Olga Fink said...

Wow what a fantastic background!
Thank you for sharing your technique!
xoxo Olga

SewPaperPaint said...

WOW! This is super cool. I have a brand new pack of Lindy's magicals and will try it right away! I like it without the wrinkles too and will have to experiment. Thanks for this idea, sweet friend. What a stunning card you created. Hugs, Autumn

Crafting Belle said...

Fabulous technique. Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Colour Crazy Challenge. Hugs Lisa xxx

Beverley said...

What a fabulous technique and thank you for the photos showing the steps. Beautiful card too. Thank you so much for joining in on Uniko's 5th Birthday celebrations. Hugs Bev x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and brilliant technique
Carol x