Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

Metallic Steampunk

Welcome,

and a special welcome to my newest follower Mia - yet another time I cannot find a blog - Mia, feel free to introduce yourself and if you have a blog, let me know so I can come and visit.

I have another masculine card to share today, and again I have used a steampunk theme.


I started by sticking silver tape onto card, and then embossing it using an industrial type of folder.
I used stamps from the Darkroom Door Steampunk set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink using the Misti for repeat impressions on a S/B Classic Oval Dies (Large)


As I assembled the card, I pierced holes either side of one end of the oval die cut, and pulled up a strand of thin wire and twisted it around another strand that ran across the full width of the card, then pulled to the back at the other side of the oval.


To the left hand side I added an assortment of die cut gears, cut using a Cheerylyn set.



For the sentiment I stamped a circular sentiment and embossed it, then popped a gear over the top to hide the image in the centre!!



To finish, I mounted the silver panel onto a blue base, and added a few gears to the inside of the card,


What doesn't show is that the gears are all cut from a silver card with slight metallic glimmer in it.

I am linking this to:


23 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Super textured Maxine! Fabulous designed masculine card!

Mac Mable said...

Great masculine card with great texture. Love the extra detailing to the right of the oval and the twisted wire x

brenda said...

A superb steampunk creation Maxine, particularly good for the men. Would you believe I've been working on steampunk for a TV show next week and my how I am struggling as I just don't 'get' the theme so thanks for the inspiration.

B x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Maxine, I love the gears and textured look of this awesome card!

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a great card full of shine and texture! Great stamping and wire work! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

Glennis F said...

Very impressive Maxine

MaryH said...

Great way to present this steam engine. I am terribly challenged with grunge (well deliberate grunge! Sometimes it turns out grunge-y but not by intention!) I love this EF and it works great here, have used it with auto stuff. And of course those gears were the perfect embellishment for this wonderful guy card! Happy wkend, Hugs & TFS

Cynthia said...

Really fun masculine design, Maxine. Great steam engine image!

Lovely Linda said...

Fabulous masculine card Maxine - you have used your new stamps so well with the cogs. The twisted wire is so effective -well done! xo

Darnell said...

This is an awesome manly man card, Maxine! I love the e/f in metallic silver, the steam engine, and all the cool gears!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

This is so awesome Maxine. Great steampunk image ... but it's the details that really add to the card. Perfect dry embossed background with silver, and the twisted wire is so cool. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Best steampunk I have seen for ages, fabulous twisted wire and love your new stamps.Your textured background is super. Love to see more of these.xxx [aNNie]

Barb said...

What a super masculine steampunk card. I love all the detail. Barbxx

Fran said...

Maxine you make the neatest steam punk cards. I love all the embellishments. And the twisted wire was a perfect touch!
Hugs, Fran

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a stunning male orientated steampunk card you have made here which fits perfectly the Lemon Shortbread Monthly Challenge this fortnight. Fab. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Lemon Shortbread Design Team Member).

Monika Reeck said...

So manly and I love all the manly element here
great manly card my friend
hugs
Monika

Helen said...

Great card - that embossing really sets it all off.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Gerrina said...

The industrial background looks so good with the steampunk images! Great masculime card! Hugs, Gerrina

Karen Letchworth said...

I love these cogs, Maxine. Such a fun and creative card. The monochromatic theme is awesome, too. Thanks for sharing with us!
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

MiamiKel said...

Oh Maxine you are on a roll with these fabulous cards !! I don't do steam punk at all but you have mastered this !! Sensational!!

Alex said...

Wonderful masculine birthday card. I love all the dies you used!

Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#42 – Pretty pinks or birthday}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#10 – Halloween}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#10 –mushrooms}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cool card..love all the textures and interest...well done.
x Karen

Deonna B said...

hint hint hint.... Time is running out! You need to go see who won last week at TTCRD.